It will cost you around $75-$100 dollars to purchase a designer perfume either made by Giorgio Armani or Guess. Wouldn’t it be much easier if you could make your own perfumes for much less of a price than the price you pay for these perfumes? Of course it would.
In order to make your own perfume you would need certain materials to form the scent. Let’s take a look at what some of these materials are:
Materials that would be needed include the following:
* Essential oil: This is the base of the perfume and is one of the most important ingredients needed to make your own perfume.
* Alcohol: Well, this is obviously another very important ingredient. About 70 percent or 80 percent of a perfume is made from alcohol whereas 15 percent of perfume is made from the essential oil. The remaining percentage will be covered up by the next ingredient. For alcohol try a normal vodka product as it is said to work great.
* Water: About 5-10 percent of the perfume contains a small amount of water. You must use either distilled water or normal spring water.
If you can’t seem to deal with the prices of buying an essential oil then you can also purchase some normal fragrance oil. As for the bottle or the sprayer, it can easily be purchased at a local craft store. Now let’s take a look at the process that needs to be followed to make your own perfume:
* As mentioned above, most of the perfume is made of alcohol and thus the very first step involves mixing the alcohol with the fragrance oil. For starters, try to mix about 7 drops of fragrance oil with about a fourth of a cup of vodka. If you want a very strong scent then leave this mixture for about 25 days. On the other hand, if you are looking for a quick and soft perfume than leave the mixture for about 3 days.
* The next step requires the addition of water. Add about 3 tablespoons of water to the mixture. If you still think that the perfume is too strong, don’t panic because you can add more water to the mixture to lessen the strength of the perfume. For those of us that don’t prefer those types of perfumes that simply wear off in a matter of minutes, then you can try to add some glycerin to the mixture. This will help prolong the life of the scent once you wear it.
There are many ways that you can use to make your own sort of perfume. Learning to make your own perfume that best suit you really is an art that comes over time as well as with practice. Try the above method if you are new to making your own perfume. As you practice you will learn to add other ingredients to make a perfume that is designed to alter your own needs.