The link between human evolution and migration
By: Lin Barrett
Migration has, throughout human prehistory, both spurred and slowed human evolution. Prehistoric humans were hunter-gatherers. Dependent on the local flora for something approaching 70% of their total calories, they hunted for the remaining 30%. Fauna migrate as least as well as humans do, but flora...
The debate on Darwin's theory of evolution
By: Tami Port MS
Those who still dispute the existence of biological evolution sometimes use the argument that it is "just a theory", implying that even scientists don't agree that evolution occurs. Those employing this argument do not have a clear understanding both of how scientific investigation and evolution...
Evolution do Organisms always get more Complex
By: Jamie Craig
Evolution is a controversial yet magnificent theory which begins to analyse the living world in which we live and view it for what it once was and what it has the potential to become. Evolution is of course a theory developed by arguably the most...
Can evolution endure through periods of geologic unrest?
By: James Bowles - 448482
Summary: Evolution in the midst of geologic unrest is no more possible than stuffing pea pods with mountain tops. As strange beginnings and unrest is all the world has ever known. In illustration, I will reference the work of Frank D. Stacey (University of Queensland)...
Is evolution an outdated theory?
By: Cody Keeble
Evolution is a theory that has opposed what the majority of people believe, that the world, and beyond was created by God. The theory has been around for as long as science has. Since being around many things have been proven to support the theory...
Book reviews: Why Evolution is True, by Jerry A. Coyne
By: Magda DH
The theory of evolution has huge explanatory and predictive powers and it is also, philosophically, a wonderful one to behold: it shows a unity of all living things and our human connection to them all; through the billions of years and millions of generations, from...
By: Anne StClair
Geological unrest could be considered any period in which there is dramatic change. This includes such long-term shifts as tectonic plate movements, mountains building and crumbling, and short-term and often dramatic geological upheavals such as earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and climate change. Evolution is a mechanism...
Pre-Darwinian evolutionary theory
By: Tami Port MS
You may believe Darwin the alpha and omega on evolutionary thought, but the proponents of Larmackianism, Catastrophism and Uniformitarianism paved the way.* Jean Baptiste Chevalier de Lamarck 1744-1829 *Jean Baptiste Chevalier de Lamarck was the first evolutionary theorist to very publicly proclaim his ideas...
Factors that led Darwin to formulate his theory of evolution: Uniformitarianism, population dynamics and the Galapagos
By: Tami Port MS
After graduating in 1831 with a respectable degree in theology from Cambridge, Charles Darwin went on to pursue his life-long interest in the natural world. Much to his father's dismay, the 22-year old graduate joined a British Naval mapping expedition aboard the H.M.S...
By: Alex Konar
What I am concerned for is whether there will be much human evolution in the future. I do not think most humans are ready to face what they are to be in the future, whilst advances in technology seem to promise people ever greater intelligence...

 

1 24 25 26 27 28 34